Click the Save button above to download today’s bulletin which includes Scripture lessons. If Full screen is not working on the video player above, try visiting this link: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulsbangor/live_videos/
Opening Solo – “Fill Me”
Liturgy – Page 15 (front of hymnal)
Scripture Lessons: Ezekiel 37:1-14; Psalm 51:10-12;
Acts 2:1-11; John 14:15-17, 25-27
All Scripture lessons are from the Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV)
Dr. Martin Luther’s Explanation To The Third Article – See Opposite Page
Hymn – 176
SERMON – Acts 2:1-11 – THE WIND, THE FIRE, AND THE WORD
Offertory – The Offering Will Be Brought Forward
THE GRADUATION OF THE ST. PAUL’S CLASS OF 2020
The Presentation of the Diplomas by Principal Richard Bakken, Jr.
Prayers – Lord’s Prayer – Benediction
Closing Hymn – 183
THE ST. PAUL’S CLASS OF 2020
Christopher Jon Havens
Chase William Horstman
Jordan Richard Horstman
Aryn John Lochen
EXPLANATION TO THE THIRD ARTICLE
I believe that I cannot by my own thinking or choosing believe in Jesus Christ, my Lord, or come to Him.
But the Holy Spirit has called me by the gospel, enlightened me with His gifts, sanctified and kept me in the true faith. In the same way he calls, gathers, enlightens, and sanctifies the whole Christian church on earth, and keeps it with Jesus Christ in the one true faith.
In this Christian church He daily and fully forgives all sins to me and all believers.
On the Last Day He will raise me and all the dead and give eternal life to me and all believers in Christ.
This is most certainly true.
WELCOME BACK! to regular worship services Sundays at 8:00 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. and on Mondays at 7:00 p.m. God-willing, this will be the regular schedule throughout the summer. Those for whom age or compromised health poses a greater risk need not feel constrained to attend until conditions indicate greater safety. Livestreaming of our worship services will continue through the summer for such individuals. The psalmist sang: “I rejoiced with those who said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord’ ” (Psalm 122:1). Alongside this principle of the 3rd Commandment, we will seek to be mindful of suggestions provided by our leaders (4th Commandment), and with consideration for the bodily welfare of others (5th Commandment). To minimize risk and anxiety, we are, for the present, taking the following common sense steps:
- Ushers will ask you to fill in from the front and will usher you out from the back of church, thereby avoid unneeded passing by folks.
- Responsible distancing (Every other pew in somewhat staggered fashion will be the general pattern. Families may sit together)
- If there is over-flow, services will be broadcast to the basement.
- Following each service, the pews which are blocked off will be switched to avoid immediate surface contact with hymnals, etc.
- No passing of the offering plate (offering plates are at the back of church. The offering will still be brought forward to the altar).
- Please pick up your own bulletin and take it home with you.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Railings, door handles, etc. will be disinfected before each service.
- Feel free to wear a face mask if you wish
- Length of service may be somewhat abbreviated. Some guidelines advise no singing in order to guard against spreading germs. We wish to be upfront – we will sing hymns – but perhaps 3 instead of 4.
- On communion Sundays we will follow a similar way of distributing communion
- Pastor plans to stand in the narthex and greet you as you leave. For your protection, he will not plan on shaking hands
MONDAY EVENING ‘REPEAT’ SERVICES start this Monday, June 1, 7 p.m.
IT IS OUR HOPE that attendance at all three services will be spread out in a way that the main floor can accommodate worshipers with reasonable distancing. We will also broadcast the services downstairs in case of any overflow. Bear with us as we work things out week by week.
CONFIRMATION will be on Sunday, June 21, 10:00 a.m. Pictures will be taken at 9 a.m. sharp that day. (Confirmation practice at 9 a.m. on June 14).
NO FELLOWSHIP HOUR between services until further notice.
THANKS to all those who have helped in so many ways behind the scenes during the last few months of the shut-down, and for your faith-born offerings of love.
A BEQUEST from the estate of Robert ‘Casey’ Davis has been received in the amount of $20,000.00.
NOTES ON VARIOUS CHURCH SPACES DURING SCHOOL RENOVATION
A temporary “faculty office” has been set up downstairs. Also, to accommodate climate-controlled storage of electronic pianos and other items during the school renovation, the balcony has been closed off for regular seating during the summer. We appreciate your understanding.
Nursing homes and hospitals are still restricting regular access at this time. For the safety of everyone and for the protection of our shut-ins, usual pastoral visits will be delayed. In urgent circumstances, do not hesitate to phone the pastor (486-2754) and he will be happy to minister to you on a personal basis.
OFFERINGS & FINANCESOFFERING BASKETS ARE AT THE ENTRY TO THE SANCTUARY. YOU MAY DEPOSIT YOUR OFFERING AS YOU ENTER, OR ON THE WAY OUT IF YOU WISH. THE USHERS WILL BRING THE OFFERING FORWARD DURING THE SERVICE AS A REMINDER THAT WE WORSHIP THE LORD ALSO WITH OUR SUBSTANCE. We will continue to leave our online giving app on the home page at www.stpaulsbangor.com. Click on the offering button. Those who wish may also send offerings by mail, or by bringing offering envelopes to the parsonage. Our treasurer continues to make regular deposits.